Monday, March 5, 2007

Hewlett-Packard's Telephone Support Center

While I was sitting in front of my laptop trying to decide what my first ever blog post would be I just happened to have been on the phone with Hewlett-Packard's telephone support center. The reason I was on the phone was my eighth attempt to get information as to why my new laptop of only seven months old was delayed being delivered. If you have never dealt with Hewlett-Packard's phone support center you are in for a treat. Not only do you have to deal with an Indian accent but also reading from scripts. After being on the phone for more than two hours, and I'm not kidding about that, I got no resolution. So here I am after two weeks and no laptop. Hewlett-Packard has a webpage where you can enter a service order number and allegedly get information about your item being repaired. The only problem is that the information was never updated. It's the same today as it was two weeks ago.

So what am I going to do about it. Well I created this blog site so anyone reading my post will get a heads-up on dealing with Hewlett-Packard's phone support center. I am going to let Hewlett-Packard know that I do not intend to purchase another Hewlett-Packard laptop. I also intend to put my Hewlett-Packard printers on eBay for sale and purchase Lexmark printers.

The sad part about all this is that I purchased a $275 two year unconditional extended warranty. Now that ticks me off!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you return the bugger?

From Birth To Now said...

HP currently has the laptop at their service center.

I was very surprised last night when I received a call from a case worker named "Egor". HP has decided to "replace" my laptop with a new one.

That doesn't change the way I feel about the center, not updating the website, and spending two hours on the phone should be a never.

Jihadnews said...

Sounds as bad as Verizon customer service. Don't know about FL, but in VT the attorney generals office has a consumer protection arm that vigorously pursues stuff like this...might be worth looking into

alice in san antonio said...

Hey, the same goes for Pixma (Office Depot) on their big-deal $50 rebate on a $1200 (Gateway). I sent in the rebate and the skew no. copy of receipt...you know the routine.
I even got a confirmation no. then when they suspected I did not have copies of these, they declined my $50 rebate. I wrote them a letter, complained, silently used expletives, and I'm a pinhead for believing in their rebate-fraud-thing. Best of Luck to anyone who gets anything back from PIXMA Products.